autoscroll on search

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Tomas

autoscroll on search

Post by Tomas »

As a new evaluation user, at the risk of missing something:

when doing search, MI will not scroll down to the first occurrence of the word found, if it is a long document. I know I can press F3 to get there, but when going through more search results it becomes uncomfortable.

Also, in search results, besides link, first few words from the document are shown. It would be useful if user had an option, to show the text surrounding the word found. Though from what I have read on the forum, that might be impossible due to the indexing method used?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Tomas wrote:As a new evaluation user, at the risk of missing something:

when doing search, MI will not scroll down to the first occurrence of the word found, if it is a long document. I know I can press F3 to get there, but when going through more search results it becomes uncomfortable.
I agree that this will be an improvement. I think we can do that in MyInfo 4.

Tomas wrote: Also, in search results, besides link, first few words from the document are shown. It would be useful if user had an option, to show the text surrounding the word found. Though from what I have read on the forum, that might be impossible due to the indexing method used?
You are right - this is not possible currently, because of the way indexing works.