Dragging text lines doesn't bring along the final newline

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
yoopits

Dragging text lines doesn't bring along the final newline

Post by yoopits »

Here's a scenario that makes me crazy: In the editor, I select lines by dragging the mouse down the left-side margin area. Then I drag the selected lines up or down.

This causes two problems. It leaves a blank line behind. And the final dragged line bumps into the line after it. For example, if I select line2 and line3 below, and drag them between line4 and line5, here's what happens:

Before:
line1
line2
line3
line4
line5

After:
line1

line4
line2
line3line5

Would prefer:
line1
line4
line2
line3
line5

So ... can this be fixed?

Thanks,
David
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

David, we are aware of this problem. The origin of the problem is that the text editing library we use differs from the Ms Word text engine under the hood. Unfortunately this could not be fixed at near future, just because both text editing engines are different.
yoopits

Post by yoopits »

Aren't the developers of MyInfo's text editing library available? Can't you just ask them to add the capability (or an option) to work like MS Word when selecting lines?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

yoopits wrote:Aren't the developers of MyInfo's text editing library available? Can't you just ask them to add the capability (or an option) to work like MS Word when selecting lines?
Yes, they are available and we have already requested such feature, but they said that this is technically not possible at the moment.