Multiple attachments per topic

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
gcoulthard

Multiple attachments per topic

Post by gcoulthard »

Would it be possible to have multiple attachments per topic? I've used myBase and MyNotesKeeper, and both provide this feature.

For a usage scenario, I have a topic of notes for an attached PDF journal article. However, I also want to attach another PDF to this topic, since I reference it in my argument. I'd rather not create another hierarchical layer.

Thanks for your consideration -- Glen
gcoulthard

Post by gcoulthard »

Here are some examples of how I would like Myinfo to manage attachments. Also, notice the nice Ruler bar with indent markers. Any chance???

Method #1:

Method #2:

Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

These changes could be added in the next major version of MyInfo. Multiple attachments require a change in the file format of MyInfo, so we can't do that as a minor update.
gcoulthard

Post by gcoulthard »

Thanks for the confirmation Petko. Just to clarify, this feature stores both embedded files and shortcuts (relative or absolute). This way, you can import an entire folder and have the file references automatically linked to a disk item without having to be stored within the MyInfo mio file.

I would also request clickable column headers for sorting the attachments list and a menu command that would display all of the embedded attachments within an MIO file for easy searching and to ensure no duplicates.

Thanks again,
Glen
max

Post by max »

+1 for a tabbed rulerbar as well. :)