Windows XP Visual Styles Support+Office 2003 GUI+BMP Icons

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
x-star

Windows XP Visual Styles Support+Office 2003 GUI+BMP Icons

Post by x-star »

[i]Intro[/i]: I think MS did a good job adding some finesse to Windows with the Luna interface. Also, I think Office 2003 looks a lot better than the old Office XP. I definitely think that the GUI of any program influences the user's productivity, not to mention good mood ;-).

For these reasons, there are three features I would love to see in MyInfo 3:

1.) [b]Windows XP Visual Styles Support[/b]. Currently, I was able to manually add this to MyInfo 2.6.9 using a nice freeware program called XP Skins, but having native support in MyInfo 3 would be better...

2.) [b]Office 2003 GUI[/b]. As stated above, I enjoy the new Office look. Since MyInfo 2.6.9 copied the Office XP look, why not move on to the Office 2003 look with MyInfo 3? Of course, this should be offered as an option, so that hwoever doesn't like it could return to the old look.

3.) [b]User defined/customized state icons[/b]. I understand that MyInfo 3 will allow replacement of the default set of state icons with other sets downloaded from the web. Also, editing of these state icons will be possible. But does editing include replacement of one particular state icon with a new independent icon/bitmap image? If not, I think this would be a great addition. I have almost ALL folders with custom icons in Windows. I have almost ALL MyInfo items with state icons. Thay are of great help quickly locating an item in a large tree.

This is it...

Thanks
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo 3 probably will use the new Ms Office 2003 look & feel.

Thank you for the other suggestions too!
Legendre

Post by Legendre »

As an option I hope.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You will be able to choose between the old and the new look.