Focusing on a branch

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
olgaberk1980

Focusing on a branch

Post by olgaberk1980 »

I used to use Inspiration a lot (haven't for ages now) and it had some features which would be useful in Myinfo -especially focusing on a branch.

You could select any part of a branch, (or different parts of different branches by ctrl-select) and focus on it - and the only thing which would appear in a tree view would be that document and all its subdocuments. This gave you a really uncluttered view and allowed you to manipulate all the documents in that new view. Myinfo needs a 'select all' command (and the 'all selected' could be only those focused-on documents) allowing you to edit all those documents - e.g. change all of their state images with one click, give them all a specific font etc.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This feature was proposed several times and we are going to include it in the next major version of MyInfo (ver. 5). There is no release date set for this version though, yet.
Daly de Gagne

Post by Daly de Gagne »

Petko wrote:This feature was proposed several times and we are going to include it in the next major version of MyInfo (ver. 5). There is no release date set for this version though, yet.
Petko, I just renewed the request for hoisting on another thread.

Then I found your post here.

You've made me a happy man!

Thank you.

Daly
joshi

Post by joshi »

Really looking forward to hoisting/focusing. I use MI a lot for organizing my writing, and being able to declutter the screen and focus on a particular idea would be very useful.

Thanks, Petco.