Small improvements

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Dr.J

Small improvements

Post by Dr.J »

Two small improvements that would be useful:

1. Allow clearing the Due Date in filter view.

2. Create a setting that sets "collapse all" documents as the default whenever one leaves the tree view (e.g. for a filter) or closes a topic or closes MyInfo. This would then act somewhat like a "hoist" when opening a filtered topic because all other 1st level topics would be collapsed. Otherwise one returns to a tree view that has lots of visable clutter.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I have - and we all have - the same problem here, and even more so, I would NOT like the tree to be collapsed everywhere, I would like the tree to be left UNCHANGED.

The problem is, at this time, that whenever you do a filter, then go back to the tree, all filter "hits" are de-collapsed in the tree now which indeed drives me crazy. So the problem is not in the tree functionality, but in the filter functionality: filtering should NOT affect the actual tree display, but leave the tree alone, EXCEPT for when you DOUBLE-CLICK on ONE filter item in order to see that in the tree: Of course, then, THAT part (and that part = subtree ONLY) should be de-collapsed, but NOT ANY OTHER subtree in which there are filter items you do NOT want to see / edit. Just open any double-clicked item, in a filter, and its subtree in the tree, WHEN you double-click on it, and then only!

I have trees with 500 items or many more, and with 50 filter "hits" or many more - so imagine the tree clutter when I double-click one item in the filter - or even when I do NOT double-click any item there, just for looking, and go back to the tree: just awful!

But as soon as you do a "collapse all", all will be collapsed... instead of leaving it alone in that state you wanted your tree to show, so that's NOT the solution, automatically done or manually done!