Search Results

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Fred

Search Results

Post by Fred »

- In the search results pane, you can now go to the next / previous hit, very good. But you cannot see in the results pane which of the hits has been selected, and for a list with more than 3 or 4 results, you quickly lose your orientation in that list. Thus, the currently selected result there (be it manually, be it by next / previous hit command) should be optically selected in any way.

At this time, the "last" THREE hits are selected, by underlining them (= very ugly, as usual, from any possible solution in MI, it's the ugliest possible that is usually chosen), so this is no help. The "last" three = the 3 hits you chose last in order to view them, are selected this way, must be a bug, I cannot see any sense in this (since those results are not grouped) - this bug has nothing (?) to do with the next / previous hit commands, or anyway, it appears even when chosing the hits manually.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Fred, I am confused about this one. The selected search result (document) is highlighted with yellow background color and it is always visible when you click prev/next buttons/shortcuts.

I also don't understand which these last 3 hits are.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I

For de-confusing, I would like to clarify that I'm not speaking of the hits (= in yellow) in the text pane, in a given search result (= a given item in which there are one or more hits) but that I'm speaking of the results in the results list, in the search result pane. There, in 5.5 beta, the "hits" (= items containing hits) are displayed, and when I do "next" or "previous", in the text pane (and in the tree), the next "hit" (= item containing a hit) is displayed, and in the search results pane, this "hit" is NOT distinguished graphically, so I must carefully READ the hit item's title and try to identify it in the search results list, i.e. I must "manually" check in the search results list "where am I in this list".

Thus, what is absent from the search result list, is a "bold" (or any other way of) distinguishing of the currently-displayed-hit(s)-item, whereas in the tree - of course - the current / actual item is always distinguished, by being presented with a greyed background - such a means of distinguishing is not yet implemented in the search results pane.

II

Instead, distinguishing the current "hit(s)" (= hits-containing) item in this list, is made by (ugly) underlining that entry, but it's not the only entry underlined there: up to THREE items are underlined there, and these seem to be the last three items you had chosen for displaying. This way, first, the underlining is the most ugly of possible means to distinguish the currently chosen item from the list to be displayed, and second, since the numbers 2 and 3 in the stack of chosen entries are also dinstinguished in this way, this way to distinguish the currently-displayed item in this list is of no use.

Please verify and please, implement a better way of distinguishing the currently displayed hit(s) item; by greyed background like in the tree would be perfect it seems - and ONLY the currently chosen one, not a whole stack of them.