[added] ability to open multiple documents, dock them side-by-side

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
Coolrat

[added] ability to open multiple documents, dock them side-by-side

Post by Coolrat »

Hi
I was helping my friend use MyBase the other day, (we both have licenses, but I stopped using it in favor of MyInfo), and marvelled on MyBase's ability to open multiple documents, dock them side-by-side, and be able to edit each of them. She was doing a running translation of another document, and to be able to see the original document alongside the translation was very convenient. This is an impressive feature!

MyInfo really would benefit from such a feature I believe. Can other users think of uses for this feature? Anything else that might improve such a feature?
wsp

Post by wsp »

Coolrat, I'm sure you've noticed that it's possible to have several notes (or documents, as MyInfo prefers to call them) open simultaneously on the screen. The problem is that you can only edit one of them at a time. Petko has promised to change this in a future release.

Of the various programs that allow this sort of thing, my favorite system is the one used in UltraEdit, which automatically arranges all the open notes into a consistent and attractive grid. In most of the other programs (including MyInfo) you spend a lot of time fiddling with the size and position of individual notes.
Bill
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

Thanks Bill for your comments! Yes, I've opened several documents at the same time before, but not very often mainly because I forget to use this feature. And I think I forget to use it because its usefullness is limited by only being able to edit one pane, and by the fact I don't like fiddling around to move panes around and get them to fit nicely.

MyBase also has a similar feature to the program you mentioned "UltraEdit"-- it automatically arranges all the open notes into a consistent grid. I sincerely hope that the new version of MyInfo will be able to do that as well!