Getting an answer to the question "where am I in the big polyhierarchy?"

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
Vladimir S. Belikin

Getting an answer to the question "where am I in the big polyhierarchy?"

Post by Vladimir S. Belikin »

MyInfo 7 lacks the address bar and other means of answering the question "where am I?". Meanwhile, with large tree of notes, such tools can be useful. The analog of the Explorer's address bar can be placed directly above the sections tabs (as in MyLifeOrganized), or in the status bar (as in InfoQube). However, clones of one and the same note, placed in different sections, have several parents (i.e. there is a polyhierarchy), and a flat address bar is not very useful in this case.
In Ultra Recall, instead of the address bar, they made a panel of parent notes (see attached screenshot). This panel displays all branches of all supernotes of the current note.
If I use MyInfo 7 as an outliner to build a system of commented categories with many-to-many relationships (category polyhierarchy) - like a part of the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) - then without the panel of parent notes, I will be forced to do the long, boring job of setting up two-way links.
Hence my question: is it planned to implement a panel of parent notes (or its functional analogue) in MyInfo 7?
Addendum. Bidirectional backlinks (requested in the post "What links to here?"[viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4885]) are not quite enough. In information retrieval thesaurus, it is common to distinguish between hierarchical (vertical) and associative (horizontal) relationships. A list of backlinks is a heap of one and the other.
Attachments
Дерево родителей в UR6-ред.png
Дерево родителей в UR6-ред.png (86 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I have plans for both note parents and what links to here sub-panes. I agree that they have different use cases so both of them should be available. But this will be part of some feature update and can't say when at this time.