[Myinfo 7] Reusable Global Search accross notebook

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
gjdm

[Myinfo 7] Reusable Global Search accross notebook

Post by gjdm »

Hi Petko,

I am missing a feature to create a reusable global search accross the notebook.
Reusable: the search can be assigned a name and stored in special list to be easily reused.
Interactive creation: to create the search a interface like the one used for perspective will be welcome.
In fact what I am looking would look alike a list perspective but applied to the full notebook.

Best regards,

Guillermo Jurado
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Ordinary user comment:
Reusable: the search can be assigned a name and stored in special list to be easily reused.
-> You can already pin a search, pressing the search drop down box. However lacking the ability to give it a name

Out of curiosity, is possible to give small example of the user case; the idea behind the workflow. How the data is structured in a section (list/tree) and across section and what you want to do/archive.. I'm trying to get a clear picture. There must be a reason to split notes across sections initially and wanting a integral section in addition

It sounds a bit like special section which (virtually) merges all the database sections into integral (read-only) list with with filter & perspective capability's. And an ability to jump to from this special section to section/tree?

Or i'm I totally off track? [Or should the ability ideally even global, where information of multiple notebooks are reused in one big list?]
comvox

Post by comvox »

gjdm wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:32 pm Reusable: the search can be assigned a name and stored in special list to be easily reused.
Having it assigned a name would make it easy to keep track of many named searches.
Now, a global search is something like an extended perspective -- a perspective that wasn't limited to a section.
So it may be relevant to note that perspectives already are named. But it would be nice to be able to call them up by name. It's not that the present way of calling them is so bad: it is very nice in fact, and works very well so long as one only has a limited number of perspectives. But with a lot of perspectives, it would be nice to also be able to call them by name. Something similar would probably take place with named global searches. (I know, I raised this before. But I couldn't resist bringing it up again.<g>)