[planned] MyInfo 7:Multiple levels of grouping in List Perspective

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
SleepyBalrog

[planned] MyInfo 7:Multiple levels of grouping in List Perspective

Post by SleepyBalrog »

I would like the option to create List Perspectives with multiple levels og groupings, like:
  • Wizard Spells
    • Evocation
      • Level 1
      • Level 2
    • Transmutation
      • Level 1
      • Level 2
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

My attempt to understand what you're asking... How are the levels within the list generated? And what would be the advantage above a tree structure?
SleepyBalrog

Post by SleepyBalrog »

What I would like is two dropdowns in Customize Views:
- Group notes by [dropdown]
- Then by [dropdown]

So you can select spell school for the first grouping, then spell level for the second
Under the first level of grouping (spell schools) you get list of the second level of groupings (spell levels), and under the second level of groupings you get a list of the documents matching both criteria (spells for the school and level)

and the same for sorting to enable more complex sorting (sort by spell level, then by title for example):
- Sort notes by [dropdown]
- Then by [dropdown]

If it is not too much trouble, a third level of grouping and sorting would be nice, but currently two levels will solve my needs:
- Group notes by [dropdown]
- Then by [dropdown]
- Then by [dropdown]
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

How do you add "spell school" and "spell levels" to you notes: Do you use tags or attributes or something like that.
Note: I think I suggested the same thing in the beta forum..

FWIW : I would call it a 'virtual tree' and not a 'list'; but that's more the terminology.

What I had in mind was something for say 'sorting photo's' (not say you should manage photo's with MyInfo, but as thinking exercise)

Say I add tag photo to all my photo's . And have attribute year: containing 2018/2017/2016

The first group/level would be filter Tag photo's
Second level would be attribute year..

What I would expect is Tree structure like outcome.
Folder 'Photo's containing subfolders 2018/2017/2016 containing the photo's
SleepyBalrog

Post by SleepyBalrog »

I am currently using attributes since that is how the current grouping and sorting works.

If you see the linked screenshot I'll try to expolain. All spells have the Spell Form, Spell Techinque and Spell Level attributes, and are also using comment for a "summary" / short form, Create (Spell Technique) Animal (Spell Form) Level 20 (Spell Level) is represented in Comment as "CrAn20".

I have grouped the spells by the Attribute, then sorted them by Comment, but as the list grows as I input more spells I would like to sort them by Comment and then Title, and if it get really big add another Grouping Level so they are first grouped by Spell Form (Animal, etc, a total of 10 forms), then by Spell Technique (Create, etc, a total of 5 techniques).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i9PWU ... JPcqBKvAGt

If I were to create a perspective for each it could end up as 50 perspectives (or at least 10 if I used grouping by technique and had one for each form). If I add all the spells from different sources each of the 50 combination would likely have approximately 20 to 30 spells each.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

A thank for clarification.. it's up to Petko.. so lets wait and see
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It is planned for some of the major updates of MyInfo 7. The notebook file format supports it, but it needs considerable work in the UI area, that's why it wasn't part of the initial MyInfo 7 release.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

My ways of arranging information are evolving. Supporting the request.