Outline level in exported RTF

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
matneh

Outline level in exported RTF

Post by matneh »

Hi there,

Here is one feature that would help immensely and may not be too hard to do: Multiple outline levels in exported RTF.

Right now if I have a MyInfo outline and I want to create a Word outline, I export it to RTF, highlight everything, then select Format->Bullets and Numbering->Outline Numbered and choose the format that most closely matches what I have in the file. Unfortunately, what happens is every line of the text turns into an outline item too, so now I have to go back to every item of body text and change the style. This is a tedious process.

What would be very helpful is if Level 1 represents everything that is (1, 2, 3, etc) and Level 2 represents everything that is (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.), and so on.

Thanks,
Matt
matneh

Post by matneh »

Hi folks,

Is this feature planned for version 4.0?

Also, there is still the issue of selecting a document in the middle of the tree, exporting it to RTF, and the Outline number being chosen based on the location in the original tree (for example, 3.2.1 instead of 1.1.1)

Matt
kf

Post by kf »

I second these two requests! I know various export features will be addressed in v4 but these would be nice additions.

Kevin