Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
Ivar

Make tabs rounded and choosable Font

Post by Ivar »

a Wish for Myinfo 7

Make tabs rounded and choosable Font
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

The tabs design is not that important to me, but maybe easier to distinguish tabs and maybe some esthetically. Or do you see some advantage?

I assume you mean font settings for every tab separately (and maybe even formatting; like bold/underline/Italic)? Or in general?
Ivar

Post by Ivar »

It is juist an esthetical wish. If the programm looks fine esthetical, so i love more to work in it.
See the tabs from google Chrome.
If the tabs are a little bigger and rounded and have a bigger, choosable font is looks fine in my opinion.
So not bold, italic or different fonts, but one font for all tabs.
My other question was to change (choosable) fonts of the notebooks pane also.
Because the overall interface lacks color, the tabs and notebook pane gives it a nice face!
See my attachment, a screenshot of my Myinof 7 in progress
Attachments
Myinfo interface.png
Myinfo interface.png (143.66 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Ivar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm It is juist an esthetical wish. If the programm looks fine esthetical, so i love more to work in it.
See the tabs from google Chrome.
I think it would look nice indeed :P
Ivar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm If the tabs are a little bigger and rounded and have a bigger, choosable font is looks fine in my opinion.
So not bold, italic or different fonts, but one font for all tabs.
My other question was to change (choosable) fonts of the notebooks pane also.
Because the overall interface lacks color, the tabs and notebook pane gives it a nice face!
See my attachment, a screenshot of my Myinof 7 in progress
Font, I think this has being a topic somewhere. I think I or WSP talked about it. Mostly about improving readability
--
Note [mostly directed to Petko] if it's possible to change fonts of tabs (as a global setting), I would like to be able to use bold too (as certain fonts pretty thin). And font list of obscure mixture.. Arial Black is for me more or less Arial + bold

And at this point I would even consider being able to set those for different sections. Not really inclined using that (because it mostly becomes restless, but well there certainly someone somewhere or some case where this makes sense..

--
The screenshot kind of interesting. Apparently Dutch user (me too). Dutch menu & sections. German note content. And 'Ivar' as user name Scandinavic/ Old Norse.

--
O, and what's up with the 'sort button'? If you only intending using a list (so flat, without hierarchy), you could right click 'Main' Perspective & click convert to list. From that point on you can click the column title to sort the content.

And what's the reasoning behind the 'paste as text button'. Is this something which useful to general public?
Ivar

Post by Ivar »

Ivar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm
The screenshot kind of interesting. Apparently Dutch user (me too). Dutch menu & sections. German note content. And 'Ivar' as user name Scandinavic/ Old Norse.

O, and what's up with the 'sort button'? If you only intending using a list (so flat, without hierarchy), you could right click 'Main' Perspective & click convert to list. From that point on you can click the column title to sort the content.

And what's the reasoning behind the 'paste as text button'. Is this something which useful to general public?
Thanks Telesto
Yes i am Dutch, and collect also some German readings. And yes a Norwegian name.

Good idea for the listview. I will consider it, but sometimes i think a hierarchy will be needed.

The past as plain text button is because i like a clean interface and content. Otherwise i will have different formatting in all the pages.
But i am new in Mypage, so if there is a better option?
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Ivar wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm
Ivar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Thanks Telesto
Yes i am Dutch, and collect also some German readings. And yes a Norwegian name.

Good idea for the listview. I will consider it, but sometimes i think a hierarchy will be needed.

The past as plain text button is because i like a clean interface and content. Otherwise i will have different formatting in all the pages.
But i am new in Mypage, so if there is a better option?
Edit -> Paste Advance -> Shows Paste without formatting being CTRL+SHIFT+V. Probably quicker compared to button click.. but well.. also kind of personal preference