Advanced State Icon Management [Implementation/Bug Fix]

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
gyrus

Advanced State Icon Management [Implementation/Bug Fix]

Post by gyrus »

i love state icons and use them very intensively to visually differentiate documents on one glance.

Since i use large number of custom icons, i've noticed a few things by now.
  • There is no proper way to (re)sort User Icons, i would love to be able to create sub categories for my custom Icons and rearrange the order of icons already imported
  • Right-clicking in the state-icon categories window will show a tooltip with a small typo: "availale" (should be "available") as seen in the attached image.
  • Adding a new state icon will usually add the icon to end of the icon list, but sometimes right inbetween for a reason unknown to me.
  • There is no way to resize the State Icon window or scroll to the left, but the right-most / 10th column of icons will be hidden by the window border and you are only able to "scroll" leftwards by using arrow-keys.
    The attachement shows the cut-off icons in the right column.
Attachments
MyInfo_wJASHXy9RQ.png
MyInfo_wJASHXy9RQ.png (19.02 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
ApplicationFrameHost_AU9oVHjn81.png
ApplicationFrameHost_AU9oVHjn81.png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

gyrus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 pm i love state icons and use them very intensively to visually differentiate documents on one glance.

Since i use large number of custom icons, i've noticed a few things by now.
gyros, the scroll glitch and the typo are fixed in the latest build of MyInfo 6.38. You can update to it.

Adding new user state icons tries to fill any empty slots left if another user icon was deleted previously.

Please note that in the next major version - MyInfo 7, due to portability issues, there will be no user icons. However, we are open for any suggestions for new state icons, which will be included there. You can send me a list of the icons you need and/or the user icons file (located in C:\Users\[Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\Milenix\MyInfo\4\custom_state_images.bmp) at support@milenix.com

P.S.: We've licensed a large icon library from where we select new state icons for version 7. So we will not use the exact user icons, but the closest matches from the library.