Vers 6 and 7 confusiion-.

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
ozstar

Vers 6 and 7 confusiion-.

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

I have installed 7 and our secretary started using it and it seemed all was okay until yesterday I went to look for a document she had created and found it wasn't there.

I then noticed that the Win 10x64 Desktop shortcut item on the Taskbar went to version 6 and that is where she had entered the new document. There is only 1 Topic where all documents live.

She says that she had made additions to some documents in Vs 6 not the new one.

I see where there are the same amount of documents are in both versions, however this does not reflect those docs which were updated.

This morning I opened up V7 and it came up, 'There are no open Notebooks although last night it did have the only topic we use open. There is no 'Save; button so I just closed it as normal.

I assumed that we treated this v7 update like all the other updates however it seems that is not the case, for me anyway as far as I can see.

How can I see a list of the latest docs updated in both versions so I can check that the move to 7 has all our docs in it.

I need to make sure all our latest docs are in the new vers 7

I will them move all 6 data away and start a fresh.

All data is saved to our Dropbox folder as Myinfo6 however I will set up a new folder as MyInfo7 and place all data there.

Any help please to clean this up or set me straight if i am off course.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You can see recently changed documents in MyInfo 6 using the Filter tab below the tree and selecting the Recently Modified filter there.

In MyInfo 7 you can create a new perspective using the Recent template (click the New button below the Perspectives pane) and then From Template and Recent. This will show you recently added/changed notes in the current section of MyInfo 7.

That way you can compare for any missing changes in one of the versions that are available in the other.
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

Thank you