Modify Default Notebook Template

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
LMG

Modify Default Notebook Template

Post by LMG »

I find myself making the same customizations in every new notebook. I there a way to modify the default Notebook template?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

No, the default ine ua virtual and doesn't exist on the disk, but you ca just create a template "Default" or something similar and use it for new notebooks.
LMG

Post by LMG »

I see I can create templates for Notes, but where do I create a Notebook template?

If I create a blank Notebook with the conditional formatting to change the color of blank notes (which I need to do in every Notebook), then Save As with a new name, MyInfo sees it is a copy and asks to make it unique.

If I create a blank Notebook with the conditional formatting rule and place it in the location for Templates, when I choose that as the basis for a new Notebook, it does not carry forward the conditional formatting.

What is the better way?

Also, in the beta testing I thought it was possible to have the Notebook name in the title bar so that we didn't have to have the Notebook pane open to see which Notebook the currently open section/note is part of. Currently it shows NoteName - SectionName - MyInfo. If possible would love to see NotebookName - SectionName - Notename - MyInfo but any order that suits would be fine.

Thanks Petko.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I've created a new template notebook (by clicking File > New > Save As and browsing to the Templates location) and then disabled one of the default formatting rules, modified the style of another and create a new one. All these were carried out in a new notebook that I created using this template. What were the changes that you've made and were not carried out?

The app window shows either the current section or the notebook depending if the Disable Multi-Section Support option is active.
LMG

Post by LMG »

I think we are talking about the same process.

-Create a new notebook, modified conditional formatting options for empty notes to be blue color
-File, Save As > navigate to my template location (which I set in options)

Then created a new notebook based on that template:

-File, New, From Template (chose the one I created/modified)

Empty notes are not blue

What am I missing?

Just tried it again and it worked so obviously I am missing a step. I'll let you know if I don't figure it out. Thank you!
LMG

Post by LMG »

The app window shows either the current section or the notebook depending if the Disable Multi-Section Support option is active.

Correct...is it possible to show the Notebook name too?

Let's say I have 4 notebooks open (different names for different topics, so for this example N1, N2, N3, N4), and each one has a section named "Section 1" and the selected note is "Note."

If I look at the name bar of the app window it will say Note - Section 1 - My Info with no indication of whether it was from notebook N1, N2, etc.

Can we have the name of the notebook also? So it would read
Note - Section 1 - N1 - My Info or
Note - Section 1 - N4 - My Info
and so on.

I know I can see this in the Notebook pane if it is open but would be so helpful to have it up top.

I appreciate your consideration!