mysterious error message

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

mysterious error message

Post by wsp »

Several weeks ago I bought a Surface Go 2, mainly for use in libraries, and since then I have been struggling to make MyInfo work properly on it. When I open MyInfo (or sometimes even before I do that), I usually get this message on the screen:

External Exception E06D7363

MyInfo is also painfully slow in syncing (through Dropbox) with MyInfo files on my main computer, though I'm not having problems with any other apps or files on the Surface Go.

I wonder if anyone here has run into this issue?
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

P.S., this morning I did some probing around the Web, and I see that External Exception E06D7363 refers to files that have become corrupted through imperfect syncing. I recall that there has been some recent discussion here about problems of that sort.

Meanwhile, would it be safer for me copy the MyInfo files from my main computer to the second one by using a thumb drive until Petko sorts out this matter? I would appreciate some advice (perhaps from Petko?).
Bill
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

wsp wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm P.S., this morning I did some probing around the Web, and I see that External Exception E06D7363 refers to files that have become corrupted through imperfect syncing. I recall that there has been some recent discussion here about problems of that sort.

Meanwhile, would it be safer for me copy the MyInfo files from my main computer to the second one by using a thumb drive until Petko sorts out this matter? I would appreciate some advice (perhaps from Petko?).
Haven't seen this type of error in a while.

Note 1: Missing some context about the setup though. Surface Go 2 is accessing the files directly from Dropbox? Or are those files synced to Surface Go 2 folder and next opened?
Note 2: never used dropbox that much. So actually not even exactly knowing how it works.
wsp

Post by wsp »

"Note 1: Missing some context about the setup though. Surface Go 2 is accessing the files directly from Dropbox? Or are those files synced to Surface Go 2 folder and next opened?"

The latter.

I've not had any such problems with my other software.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Bill, I will send you an updated version that changes notebooks less often and we will see if it will help with this issue.