sharing files by Dropbox

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

sharing files by Dropbox

Post by wsp »

How long should it take for Dropbox to shift revisions in MyInfo back and forth between two computers? I did a little experiment this evening, and after a half hour a revision made on my main computer still had not shown up on my second computer. Is there some sort of adjustment I can make within MyInfo (or Dropbox, for that matter) to speed up the process?
Bill
lbw2112

Post by lbw2112 »

Hi wsp,
MyInfo won't affect the speed that Dropbox syncs, but it does it's frequency. So I'm guessing it's just Dropbox speed you're having a problem with.

If I remember correctly Dropbox has the sync limited when installed, so if you haven't changed the settings here's what to check.

- Click on the Dropbox Icon in the Tray (Bottom right hand corner of screen to left of the clock>

- Click on the Account circle (usually has your initials in it) in the upper right of the dropbox window that pops up.

- Click on "Preferences"

- Click on the "Bandwidth" icon on top row.

Check if Download and Upload rate is limited (it is by default).
- Change both to "Don't Limit".

There will be a major difference, at least there always is for me.

Have a good one,
Larry
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks for these useful suggestions. I will pursue them.
Bill
TyraNoah

Post by TyraNoah »

Been having trouble.
Landing on this resources is so helpful.
Glad that you shared pal!
lbw2112

Post by lbw2112 »

wsp wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:47 pm How long should it take for Dropbox to shift revisions in MyInfo back and forth between two computers? I did a little experiment this evening, and after a half hour a revision made on my main computer still had not shown up on my second computer. Is there some sort of adjustment I can make within MyInfo (or Dropbox, for that matter) to speed up the process?
To add to this thread for anyone searching in the future for this problem.

Some syncing software like Dropbox or OneDrive (I don't know if they're all like this but the ones I use are) will NOT sync the file if it's in use. MyInfo 7 locks the file in use so your file will never sync until that file is closed, either by closing the Notebook or exiting the program.
So if the Original Poster kept MyInfo7 with that Notebook open on the first computer, it'll never sync to the second computer until the first compute closes MyInfo7 or that Notebook.