Internal internet browser: Login to Youtube/Google account to watch content without advertising

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
cadudesun

Internal internet browser: Login to Youtube/Google account to watch content without advertising

Post by cadudesun »

Hi.
I could log in to every website I tried so far using MyInfo internal internet browser, but Youtube/Google.
When trying to log in to Youtube/Google account, there is the message (screenshot below):
"This browser or app may not be secure".
Even I click on "Try again", the message appears again, being impossible to accomplish the login.

A considerable part of my bookmarked notes in MyInfo points to YouTube.
Since I pay for the YouTube premium subscription, it would be great if I could log in to my YouTube account to be able to watch content without advertising from within MyInfo.

Is there any workaround to log in to Youtube/Google in MyInfo?
Otherwise, please consider this a suggestion.

Thank you,
Carlos

Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Unfortunately Google no longer permit logins to their services via embedded Chromium browser:
https://developers.googleblog.com/2020/ ... -apps.html

I will research if there is a way to workaround that, but right now this is the reason the login does not work there.
cadudesun

Post by cadudesun »

Thanks for the clarification Petko.

Regarding a possible workaround, maybe the way Evernote and OneNote play Youtube videos without advertising can provide a direction.

As shown in the screen-recording below, I played the same Youtube video in MyInfo, Evernote, and OneNote.
In MyInfo, there were ads. In Evernote, and OneNote there weren't advertisements.

It seems Evernote and OneNote are getting my YouTube login information from somewhere (Microsoft Edge?).

Telesto

Post by Telesto »

A workaround might be Adguard (and adding MyInfo as an app to filter)