[solved] The text of notes does not appear in OPML or CSV exports.

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
comvox

[solved] The text of notes does not appear in OPML or CSV exports.

Post by comvox »

I am using MyInfo 7. When I export to an OPML file, the resulting OPML file does not include the text of the notes, just the title and atributes. This is horrible. I must be overlooking something. Is there a way for the resulting exported OPML file to include the text of notes?

The same thing happens when I export to a CSV file. The text of the notes does not appear.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

comvox wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:21 am I am using MyInfo 7. When I export to an OPML file, the resulting OPML file does not include the text of the notes, just the title and atributes. This is horrible. I must be overlooking something. Is there a way for the resulting exported OPML file to include the text of notes?

The same thing happens when I export to a CSV file. The text of the notes does not appear.
I do observe the described behaviour for CSV. I'm don't have the OPML plugin installed
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Note text is exported in OPML. It is stored in the "description" attribute.
comvox

Post by comvox »

When I set up a notebook (I am updated to the latest version of MyInfo), it doesn't have a "description" attribute. If I add a description attribute, it stays blank, rather than having the text of the notes. Should I uninstall MyInfo and then reinstall? Do I have a wrong setting?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Sorry for the confusion. It turned out that the plugin uploaded to our web site was version 2.5 instead of version 3. That is corrected now.

With the updated plugin, when you export from MyInfo to OPML, each OPML entry will have a description attribute with the note text.

For importing from OPML to MyInfo, MyInfo will use the same description attribute to populate the note text (note editor content).
comvox

Post by comvox »

Yes, the change to the version 3 plugin makes OPML export and import work! Thank you!

I notice that boldface, italics, table format etc. get lost with OPML. I guess that's inevitable because OPML format is plain text. However, thankfully, paragraphing is preserved.