Date Attributes not working.

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
iqmw

Date Attributes not working.

Post by iqmw »

MyInfo Pro Portable 7.3[7516] : Attempting to set values in ANY Date Attribute results in ERROR and Application Abort.
Message : Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (Double).
Discovered while attempting to set [Reminder At] attribute but error occurs for any Date Attribute including Custom Attributes.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

What is your regional settings country or location?
iqmw

Post by iqmw »

Regional setting is standard [English (United States)]. However, I have set the [Short Date] format to [yyyy-MM-dd ddd] because it is important for me to see the Day-of-the-Week. As a sofware developer myself, I can see where this could create unexpected problems. I've resorted to using Text fields in my Custom Attributes for now.
I've only recently returned to MyInfo7 after abandoning MyInfo5. I must congratulate you on the tremendous improvements in functionality and usability. MyInfo7 is now one of premier PIMs available and is quickly becoming one of my go-to applications. Keep up the excellent work.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Slightly off-topic (as I attempt to reproduce this)
I don't have the yyyy-MM-dd ddd format as an option to pick; I guess because this being locale depended. I would like to have this formatting arrangement.

I would also like more formatting options for example yyyy-MM-dd with double double digits 2022-08-08(and not as 2022-8-8) and 2022-aug-8. Or more in general something similar to the MS Excel Data formatting options.
iqmw

Post by iqmw »

I can confirm that resetting the regional Short Date format back to yyyy-MM-dd fixes the problem of MyInfo throwing an Abort Error for Date Attributes. Hopefully Petko can extend the range of acceptable date formats just a little bit without turning this into a free-for-all covering endless date configurations. I consider the additional "ddd" and/or "MMM" options as helpful contextual clues which is why I separate them from the standard Date format.