Pasting problem

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
shoe

Pasting problem

Post by shoe »

When I go to paste text in a note (ctl+v), a new note is created with what I paste as the title. How do I paste text into a note already created?
It seems to happen after renaming a node. I have cursor in editor. Sometimes when I try to format test in the editor when the above happens, it formats the title or no formatting tools appears when trying in the note editor???
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

shoe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:36 pm 14, 2023 10:36 pm

When I go to paste text in a note (ctl+v), a new note is created with what I paste as the title.
That can be pretty annoying.

It appears that the tree panel being still focused when you use CTRL+V for some reason. A few questions. How do you rename a node? By pressing F2 on the node in the tree panel. Or do you use the title bar to change a note title? And how do you 'exit' the title change mode? Pressing Enter? Clicking inside the Text Editor? Something else?
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

I can confirm that this problem still persists. And yes, it is very annoying,
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

mfelix wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:59 am I can confirm that this problem still persists. And yes, it is very annoying,
Being able to paste a new note in tree with auto-caption is in essence a feature. There might still be a bug somewhere, though. Is it possible to describe the workflow more concretely (or some screencast)?

I'm guessing it's about the following case:
1. Copy some text to clipboard
2. Select a note in tree
3. Press F2 to toggle rename (in tree): type some name
4. Hit Enter to confirm the change
5. CTRL+V -> Pasts below the existing note -> Wrong

Why? It's inconsistent compared to
1. Copy some text to clipboard
2. Select a note
3. Edit the title bar (title above the editor)
4. Press Enter
5. CTRL+V -> Paste inside the existing note