[solved] Can not edit MI 8.2 notes restored from backup

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
mayablu

[solved] Can not edit MI 8.2 notes restored from backup

Post by mayablu »

Can not edit MI 8.2 notes restored from backup
==============================
Please help~

After enjoying new MI 8.2.7954, even on my vintage Win 8.1 desktop, got a bad shock last 24 hrs: can not edit many, perhaps most of the Notes in several MI Notebooks that simply disappeared from MI, and that I have restored so far.

The system had an unusual shutdown, not a power outage, and on restarting a few hours later, and attempting to restore Notebooks from MI native Backup files [not using other backup or other software, fyi], I began noticing how some, then many, and I hope not, but maybe most, MI Notes --so far-- could not be edited in their Notebooks once restored into MI.

So I've stopped the restore process till I learn more...but I have 2 book manuscripts and years of work in MI Notebooks with MI Notes apparently no longer editable.

Due to pretty bad Covid last 8 weeks, I've totally neglected proper backups of my desktop. So I'm certain no regular backup runs [and not much activity by me at all] of other software have been going on.

What can I do ? Is there a fix? Should I stop restoring the remaining apx. 20+ Notebooks until some fix is done? Do I have to print out thousands of pages to save this work?

Thanks for any help on how to restore Notebooks from MI *native* backup files so that the Notes in the Notebooks can be edited.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Can you send any of the non-editable notebooks at support@milenix.com to test? Probably it is a temporary issue that should resolve automatically after an hour.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The issue was solved. It turned out that the file was a backup file, which is not editable until the Revert To This Backup command is used to save it as a regular notebook.