tags and searching

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

tags and searching

Post by wsp »

I like MyInfo's tags and use them regularly, but I am puzzled by their behavior. Here's an example of what I mean:

In one of my topics, I use two tags: "corr" (correspondence) and "census" (census reports). If I select the "corr" tag in the tags mode, I expect to be able to search in only the documents with that tag; but what actually happens is that doing any search shifts the left panel back into tree mode, and the search is done across all documents. This seems counter-intuitive to me: I would assume that the search should cover only the documents with the "corr" tag. (That's how it works in EverNote, incidentally.)

Or am I doing something wrong?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

No, you are doing it right. MyInfo search works that way by design. We are open to suggestions for improvement of that area in the next versions though..
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, thanks for the reply. Yes, I do think that when we limit the view to the documents with a particular tag, then searches ought to be done in just that group of documents rather than in all of them. I hope you'll consider that for future releases. Or if you merely want to make it an option, that would be fine too.
Bill
Clay Nichols

Post by Clay Nichols »

I'd find it very useful to be able to search within results.

That could apply to results from a Filter or from clicking on Tags.
Perhaps you coudl just have a seach box at the top of the search results labelled:

Search within these results:

And you could let continue to search within those results repeatedly.

I'll suggest that as a feature.
Clay D. Nichols