MyInfo 5.50 Beta feedback

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, when I try to drag and drop a document from one topic to another, I get an error message that something is not a valid date or time.

I did this with two topics on the screen, tiled vertically. I dragged and dropped a document into the outline panel of the second topic. After I worked my way through the error message, I found that the document had been copied but not moved.

Is there perhaps a better way of doing this?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

jamal wrote:Petko,

In MI 5.07 and earlier, I was experiencing an issue with setting the width of the tree editor pane. Seemed like MI was not remembering the width setting from session to session and I had to readjust it every time. Never got around reporting it though. As a pleasant surprise, 5.50Beta doesn't seem to have this issue. I can change the setting and it sticks! Did you make any changes or is it just a coincidence?
Yes, there were changes in that area.

We will fix the other two problems too!
jamal

Post by jamal »

Thanks Petko.

Three questions:
1. How do I get multiple document windows?
2. What is verified backup?
3. How does quick/wiki link work?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

jamal wrote:1. How do I get multiple document windows?
Just click on the document title (in the text editor header).
jamal wrote:2. What is verified backup?
Verified backup is backup copy of your file, which was successfully open in MyInfo. This prevents some rare situations where the topic file can get corrupted and the subsequent save overwrites the backup file, thus corrupting it too. With verified backup you should always have at least one working topic file, no matter what.
jamal wrote:3. How does quick/wiki link work?
Start typing "[some text" and you will get a list of all topics and documents in the current topic. Selecting any of these will insert a link to it in the text editor.
jamal

Post by jamal »

I assume "verified backup file" is the same backup file that is available in the backup directory. Or is it saved as a different file?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Verified backup has .verified after the file name, the regular backup has only .mib file extension. So, in most cases, you have two backup files for each topic.
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

gjdm wrote: if I copy a link to a document in the clipboard, I am not able to paste it in another document. When pasting, nothing is inserted. To solve the problem I have to open a read-only window and click on the edit button, if I try then to paste, the link is correctly inserted.
I'm having the same problem so I tried to find how to open a read only window and couldn't find it. How do you do that? :|
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

CyberCrone wrote:I'm having the same problem so I tried to find how to open a read only window and couldn't find it. How do you do that? :|
Just click on the document title (in the text editor header).
jamal

Post by jamal »

When you insert a subdocument in the tree, it is inserted as the last document at the bottom of the subtree. As the subtree grows, you will find that the new document is inserted way below. Where as, I prefer the newly inserted document to be on the top of the subtree. It also makes sense for the most recent document to be on the top.

I wonder if this really makes sense and if it is possible to insert new subdocuments at the top by default.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sorry, Jamal, changing this absolutely normal behavior to what you want, is not what would be handy for most users in most circumstances. But then, 100 p.c. d'accord to make it an OPTION, since in confined, special, but perfectly real circumstances, this way to proceed would indeed be more than comfortable! In fact, you're asking for commercial filing when MI's way is administrative filing now, and to have a CHOICE between the two would indeed make many users happy.
jamal

Post by jamal »

It will be nice to have this (adding new document at the top of the subtree) as an option. Currently I work around this issue by placing a dummy subdocument immediately under each parent, and then adding new documents as a sibling of the dummy subdocument. Now I have too many of these dummy documents.

Petko, what do you think?