Discuss MyInfo and get help here
metta

Special Characters Prohibited?

Post by metta »

Any there any special characters that should NOT be used in:
-- tags
-- document names, and/or
-- topic names?

If so, is there a comprehensive list of special characters that should be avoided?

Thanks,
Metta
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

If some symbols are prohibited, MyInfo will either ignore them or give you a warning when entering them. So, I don't think that you can input any invalid data.
metta

Post by metta »

Great! I'm glad this is likely not to be an issue.

However, I did run into one minor issue last night, which prompted this question:

In the process of testing the tag feature, I used "to-do" as a tag (note the hyphen).

This tag worked fine in the tag cloud, but when I put "to-do" into the search field, every time I get the following message: "Please write at least one search term."

It is as if the search engine doesn't even recognize the text I've entered -- and, the odd thing is, the following versions of "to do" work just fine in the search engine:
-- to do
-- to|do

Do you have any idea why the search engine doesn't recognize "to-do" as a valid search term?

Thanks,
Metta
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I think it was caused by the fact that - is generally used by the search engine for negative searches (search for documents NOT containing "do"). However, since you already have one positive term ("to"), I think that this is a problem in the search query parser and I will check it.
metta

Post by metta »

Great! Thanks so much for your feedback and follow-up on this, Petko.

I appreciate your support, and the more I use this app, the better I like it! :D
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Just to let you know that you will be able to search for words, containing hyphens in the next release.
metta

Post by metta »

Great! Thanks again for your prompt response and support.

Also, for what it may be worth, I have already been able to search successfully on other hyphenated words.

"To-do" was the only one that created problems for me. :)