MyInfo 6.09 available

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Petko
MyInfo Support

MyInfo 6.09 available

Post by Petko »

We've just released a new version of MyInfo. It adds saved search queries and fixes almost all issues reported here and on our email.

Visit our blog to learn what's new in MyInfo 6.08.

If for some reason you don't receive our email, please let us know at support@milenix.com, so we can send you the update again.
J-Mac

Post by J-Mac »

The file I just downloaded - from the link in the email announcing the 6.09 update - is named 6.08, is the same exact size as 6.08, and shows a file date of 5/15/2012, while the first 6.08's file date was 5/14/2012.

I notice that your announcement for 6.09 states, "Visit our blog to learn what's new in MyInfo 6.08."

Please check and clarify.

Thank you.

Jim

Update: Looks good now.. Thanks!

Jim
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jim, we have resent the emails with the correct link.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

I just noticed that in the latest version of MyInfo 6.09, the backup files are being saved wrongly!

What do I mean? For example, if my backup file folder was C:\User\Documents\MyInfoBackups, and my file was Notes.mio, the previous version saved the backups to the correct folder with the name Notes.mib.
The current version now saves the backup to the Documents folder (not the MyInfoBackups folder) with the name MyInfoBackupsNotes.mib!
jamal

Post by jamal »

After installing 6.09, Help->About shows 6.08. Did I mess up or is the release number in Help->About incorrect?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

DavidC wrote:I just noticed that in the latest version of MyInfo 6.09, the backup files are being saved wrongly!

What do I mean? For example, if my backup file folder was C:\User\Documents\MyInfoBackups, and my file was Notes.mio, the previous version saved the backups to the correct folder with the name Notes.mib.
The current version now saves the backup to the Documents folder (not the MyInfoBackups folder) with the name MyInfoBackupsNotes.mib!
We have fixed that problem and you should receive an update notification shortly!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

jamal wrote:After installing 6.09, Help->About shows 6.08. Did I mess up or is the release number in Help->About incorrect?
Please make sure that you did use the correct 6.09 download link. The first email had a wrong one.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Good news is that I installed the latest build which you sent out today (6.09 build 1242) correctly.

Bad news is that there may still be a problem.

My installation path is E:\MyInfo 6 Portable. E is a USB drive. During installation, on the "Select Flash Drive Installation Location" window, the default installation path is K:\MyInfo 6 Portable.

So I clicked on browse to change the path, navigated to E drive and selected the folder "MyInfo 6 Portable" (that is, E:\MyInfo 6 Portable) and clicked OK. When it came back to the "Select Flash Drive Installation Location" window, the installation path became E:\MyInfo 6 Portable\MyInfo 6 Portable

It replaced E drive for K drive alright, but appended the folder name. Even if I delete the default path completely before Browsing, it still comes back with E:\MyInfo 6 Portable\MyInfo 6 Portable.

So what happened previously was that MyInfo created a new folder under the old installation folder and installed it there.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jamal, for the time being, you can manually change K:\ to E:\ to install it in the correct folder, without using the Browse button. I will investigate the problem.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Petko, yes, that's exactly what I did to install it correctly once I realized what was going on, and I recall that's what I have been doing for past releases. Just wanted to point out that there is an issue and one needs to be mindful when using browse button.