Copy/Paste Text from the Internet

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
jamal

Copy/Paste Text from the Internet

Post by jamal »

To save articles from the internet (mostly text) this is what I do: Insert a new document in the tree, copy selected text from the browser (Ctrl-C) and then paste it (Edit > Paste Advanced > Paste Text) in the new document. To avoid pictures and unwanted content, I have to do this in several steps to highlight and copy separate chunks of text. The result is a text document in the default (normal Ariel 10) font.

I have come to rely on this method after experiencing undesirable results from other methods, including unwanted content, unwanted automatic download of the content and unpredictable font and format.

Is there a better way to do this instead of navigating through "Edit > Paste Advanced > Paste Text" every time to paste simple text in default font? I cannot use Ctrl-V to paste because it triggers unnecessary download in unpredictable format.

Is there a short cut key for "Edit > Paste Advanced > Paste Text” or is it possible to map Ctrl-V to “Paste Text?”
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, you can use the Paste Plain Text command (Shift+Ctrl+V).
jamal

Post by jamal »

Great. Thanks Petko. How about showing this short cut in the menu (Edit > Paste Advanced > Paste Text). As a matter of fact, how about showing all missing shortcuts wherever appropriate in the menus? :wink:
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Paste Text is a different command - it pastes the text using the current formatting, where Paste Plain Text pastes it with default formatting.

This is why the shortcut is now shown - Paste Text has no default shortcut.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Is current formatting what is selected or currently showing in the Style, Font and Size lists on the Formatting toolbar? Where is default formatting set?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, current formatting is what is currently in the style/font/etc. The default formatting is Normal style.