[fixed in 6.20] IFRAME Troubles

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
mirceglavni

[fixed in 6.20] IFRAME Troubles

Post by mirceglavni »

Just a "heads-up" for people who use the web-export feature of MyInfo to have their databases available on the iPad:
I used to update my information in MyInfo. From time to time, I would make an web-export of the database, and transfer it to my iPad. There I use the GoodReader app to browser my database (unfortunately, you cannot edit it). Until MyInfo 6.13 this workaround worked quite well, but with the new version, I guess with the change from HTLM4 frames to IFRAMES, this workaround doesn't work anymore, as the internal browser of GoodReader doesn't handle the frames very well, ie if your page in the right frame is over one page long, you can see only the first page.

As I said, just for information for other people who have a similar workflow. By the way, has anyone a different situation, ie using data from MyInfo on a iPad?

Would like to hear your thought about that.

A question for Petko: are there any pitfalls in using two different MyInfo installations? I am thinking of using the 6.12 for exporting in the old HTLM4 frames, and the new one for editing the databases? Could this mean trouble for database integrity?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Sorry about replying so late to this post. I think that you can safely install a portable copy of MyInfo just for exporting web sites with the old frames.
mirceglavni

Post by mirceglavni »

Thanks for your reply Petko. Glad to hear this is possible. I was also very glad to hear that you are planning to spped up the loading times in the next versions of MyInfo.

Keep up your excellent work!
wsp

Post by wsp »

I'm having a similar problem. When I generate a website with MyInfo, I notice that I cannot scroll the pages on my iPhone and iPad. Has anyone else had this problem? Petko, any thoughts or advice?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

wsp wrote:I'm having a similar problem. When I generate a website with MyInfo, I notice that I cannot scroll the pages on my iPhone and iPad. Has anyone else had this problem? Petko, any thoughts or advice?
I was not aware of this issue, so I will try to reproduce it and see what can be done about it.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, here is the URL of the experimental website I was working on:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9402 ... index.html

(I have placed it just temporarily on a public directory of Dropbox.) Try it on an iPhone or iPad.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I have found a solution for this problem, so web sites generated by MyInfo 6.20 will work as expected on iPad and iPhone.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Bravo!
Bill
mirceglavni

Post by mirceglavni »

Great Petko! You made my day!
mirceglavni

Post by mirceglavni »

Sorry to bring this up again, I thought this was fixed with 6.20.
The problem still remains - websites exported by MyInfo are "flawed" on the iPad: The right part of the window (where the text is, not where the menu is) is cut off, sometimes in the middle of a sentence.
I checked this with GoodReader and Atomic Web Browser (because this browser allows to browse "local web sites" on the iPad).
Interesting is that if I load the corresponding page directly (ie the individual html file, without the frame), it displays without problems.

Anybody else with this problem?