How to vote for new features

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Petko
MyInfo Support

How to vote for new features

Post by Petko »

If you'd like to vote for an inclusion of a new feature in MyInfo or to suggest one, please take a look here:

http://myinfo.uservoice.com/

Suggesting your feature there, instead on the forums, allows us to get an idea how popular this feature is among all MyInfo customers and decide easier when to add it to MyInfo!
Clay Nichols

Post by Clay Nichols »

Uservoice is fantastic. Thanks for providing that to us. I know that planning the architecture and features of a product and negotiating b/t lots of feature requests is a challeng. I hope UV will help with that.
Clay D. Nichols
mathom

Post by mathom »

My votes don't seem to be counted any more when I vote for my own ideas. I don't have any particular objection to this, except that when I reduce the number of votes I've assigned to the idea, UserVoice still subtracts them from the total. For example, suppose my idea has 5 votes: 3 from me and 2 from other people. My votes aren't counted, so the total is 2. If I reduce my votes from 3 to 1, the total number of votes is shown as 0, canceling out the other person's votes.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

mathom wrote:My votes don't seem to be counted any more when I vote for my own ideas. I don't have any particular objection to this, except that when I reduce the number of votes I've assigned to the idea, UserVoice still subtracts them from the total. For example, suppose my idea has 5 votes: 3 from me and 2 from other people. My votes aren't counted, so the total is 2. If I reduce my votes from 3 to 1, the total number of votes is shown as 0, canceling out the other person's votes.
This sounds like a bug. It should count your votes. Could you tell me for which suggestion you are talking about, so I can contact UserVoice about this issue?
mathom

Post by mathom »

See "Use optional checkboxes to define a filter" (assigned 1 vote, shows 0) and "Option to display non-printing characters" (currently assigned 1 vote by me and 1 from another supporter, shows -1).
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I have informed UserVoice about this problem. I hope that there will be some answer soon!
mathom

Post by mathom »

No change so far. Also, I never show up in a list of supporters (even when it's my own suggestion). Is this another bug? I log in through Yahoo, so that might have something to do with it.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

UserVoice support answered that they are working on problems like this (our page is not the only one to have this problem), so I am waiting for further info from them.

It turns out that the UserVoice software has a feature, which considers some of the votes as fraudulent. Unfortunately, there is no option to turn off that feature, but they are working on improving this.

I think that they mistakenly consider some of the votes for "Option to display non-printing characters" suggestion as fraudulent, because the two people who voted (you and david segal) have email addresses at the same server. I have informed UserVoice about that and hope that they will resolve that problem soon!
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, this is a nice idea, but I hope you will also announce elsewhere on this forum when you introduce changes or new features. I notice, for example, on the UserVoice page that you describe "tag and search integration" as "completed." It does not work on my version of MyInfo (4.25), so I assume that means you have completed that feature on a version not yet released.

Could you clarify this, please?

Thanks.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, you are right. These features are complete for the next release of MyInfo, so they will be officially announced on our blog. We mark them as "complete" on UserVoice to give you back your voting points as soon as possible, so you can vote on other features.

We may start adding information in which version the feature was added to make things more clear.
pjmiller

Post by pjmiller »

The title banner of the user votes page says MYINFO 5, the program is now on version 6.

This is not a criticism, just an observation.

:)