[fixed] Ctrl+Win+M not working in windows 10

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
tadaty

[fixed] Ctrl+Win+M not working in windows 10

Post by tadaty »

I used to have a keyboard shortcut to bring up myinfo in windows 7: Ctrl+win+M
but this shortcut is no longer working in windows 10, it brings magnifier
is there a different shortcut for this in windows 10? I really need that shortcut :-)
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We will either add additional shortcut or we will allow shortcut customization in Options in the next build.
tadaty

Post by tadaty »

I really cannot wait, this kind of keyboard shortcut is essential if I want to quickly bring up the software and make a note for something important, instead of searching for an icon on my cluttered taskbar

There are keyboard shortcuts in the menu, but I cannot find this particular shortcut there. Why not just add it there? Should be pretty simple to do :-)
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

tadaty wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:03 pmThere are keyboard shortcuts in the menu, but I cannot find this particular shortcut there. Why not just add it there? Should be pretty simple to do :-)
Maybe this will be possible in the next major version (it is actually not as easy as it sounds, because these are global shortcuts and use the Windows key, which is not supported in the shortcut editor).

At this moment, we will just add an alternative shortcut (Win+Ctrl+I), which is not yet used by Windows. The old one will still work for older versions of Windows.
tadaty

Post by tadaty »

I just downloaded a new version and Ctrl+win+i works perfectly, this is all that I need, I do not need to use ctrl+win+m and I do not need to configure a different shortcut, thank you