Index Question

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
jamal

Index Question

Post by jamal »

Couple of questions: Are document titles (what you see in the tree) indexed by default? If yes, are they indexed by each word in the title or by the whole string? Are built-in tree column values indexed by default? If I add a document (Insert .. Document From File) from a PDF file, in whcih case the PDF file becomes an attached file, does the content of the PDF get indexed?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

jamal wrote:Couple of questions: Are document titles (what you see in the tree) indexed by default? If yes, are they indexed by each word in the title or by the whole string? Are built-in tree column values indexed by default?
Document titles and all tree columns that include text (comment, tags, link, embedded file name, and custom columns of type: text, number, currency, popup list and category). As with the regular document text, they are indexed word by word.

jamal wrote:If I add a document (Insert .. Document From File) from a PDF file, in whcih case the PDF file becomes an attached file, does the content of the PDF get indexed?
No, at this time embedded files are not indexed.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Thank you Petko.. When I change the name of a document, how soon the index get updated to reflect the change?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

jamal wrote:Thank you Petko.. When I change the name of a document, how soon the index get updated to reflect the change?
Sorry, I don't know how I missed that.
It is updated instantly!