Send to MyInfo

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
bevanj

Send to MyInfo

Post by bevanj »

Hello,

In my trial of MI, I seem to have made a complete hash of using Send to MyInfo. I have not been able to copy documents to any destination other than the current Topic. I believe my options are correctly expressed, i.e. I have selected the radio button to send snippets to D:\Bevan's Documents\My Topics\Unfiled Documents.mio. Despite that selection, my snippets all go to the current Topic, as if I had selected the preference "New document in the current topic". Because the problem appears to be a local issue for me alone, I presume I have somehow got things muddled.

I would appreciate any help that will get me pointed in the right direction.

Kind regards
bevanj
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

In reply to my own question, I can now confirm that while the "Send to MyInfo" browser add-on (Firefox for me), directs snippets to the Topic nominated in the Tools | Options | Send to MyInfo dialogue box, the keyboard short-cut "Control+Windows+Q" will only send to (at least in my case) the currently active Topic, notwithstanding the preference selected in Options. Is this expected behaviour?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This is how it works currently by design, but it will be changed in the next update, because it makes more sense all Send to MyInfo (from Clipboard, Firefox, IE) to use the same settings.