import asksame 6.1 to myinfo

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
ozstar

import asksame 6.1 to myinfo

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

I have AS 6.1 and was wondering how I go about importing my data to the trail of Myinfo so I can see how it is as I am over AS with Win7.

Thanks

oz
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

As you saw already in the thread upon custom columns I'm nearly finished with a text version of the plugin. I plan to go on with a rich text version, but no schedule yet, because for me text import is sufficient and things over at the asksam forum are turning slowly: a lot of people stick around and see what will happen. I'm curious how many are actually willing to try out the import plugin. As you wrote problems are starting crop up with Win7 and askSam which might accelerate things a bit.

Felix
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

Yes, it seems they have really been tardy over the last few months.

I am now getting a weird error. 'The file cannot be locked for reading' whenever I try a search and I cannot get anywhere so I need something reliable which has legs and a life ahead.

In the late 80's early 90's I used a dos program which was great however it was not successful moving into GUI with Windows 3.1. Then I found AS when it started. Has been great but not recently.

I have looked for ages and can't believe I found this, which seems perfect for the simple stuff I need.

At this point I don't have any forms, just the straight blank page.

I look forward to trying it.

Thanks again

oz
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Hi all,

in case some of you were hoping to get information from askSam into MyInfo I just wanted to let you know that I've developed an import plugin that allows you to do just that.
Petko uploaded it to the plugins sections: http://www.milenix.com/myinfo-plugins.php

Please let me know if you have an problems or further ideas on it !

Felix