Do margins and tabs change depending on monitor screen size?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
CSOMB

Do margins and tabs change depending on monitor screen size?

Post by CSOMB »

Hello, I am a newer user of MyInfo and so far am very happy with its capabilities. My colleagues and I use it as a survey question database. Because we store our files on a common drive, we noticed that sometimes we do not see the same thing when looking at the same document on our respective screens/computers. Although usually minor, much of the formatting (ie, tabs or indents using the ruler) are slightly off. For example, below is screenshot of a survey question that was formatted. On my screen the red numbers are not lined up, however, my colleague sees everything lined up when looking at the same document on her screen. We noticed that our "tabs" (highlighted) are often not the same.
myinfo format.JPG
myinfo format.JPG (93.81 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
We checked all of our page set-up settings and everything is the same. Does anyone know what could be the issue or why we see different formatting for the same document? Could it be that our actual monitors are different sizes? Would this affect the formatting?
Albeit a minor issue, this has been a frustrating issue when sharing documents and editing. Would be interested if there is an easy fix (we currently use MyInfo 6)
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It looks like a screen size issue to me. MyInfo documents have no fixed width (in contrast to Ms Word for example), so if the table is too wide and the screen size is not wide enough, this issue could happen.

You can try making the tree pane narrower and see if it will make any difference. Can you send me just one of the documents exported as MyInfo topic at support@milenix.com, so I can experiment and see what else could be done about it?