Dubbelclick in title pane

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
Ivar

Dubbelclick in title pane

Post by Ivar »

I am used to another software program which creates a NEW Note whenn dubbelclicking in the title pane.
I am still clicking and nothing happens...
Would you inplement that in Myinfo?
I think it is a small thing to make?
I would be gratefull!

Another think is: dubbelclicking on a (selected) note in the title pane should make it possible to RENAME the title.
So dubbelclicking on a empty spot in the titelpane offers a new note, dubble clik on a title note itself renames it.

Thanks!
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Ivar wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:09 pm I am used to another software program which creates a NEW Note whenn dubbelclicking in the title pane.
Would mind giving the app name? Would like to try it out myself to get gist of the workflow.
It sounds kind of 'unconventional' unexpected. Kind of hidden feature (Easter egg).
Not sure what the 'advantage' would be next to menu/ toolbar bar button and the shortcuts (like CTRL+N). Except of 'habit'. That's my first impression at least.

The thing which could argued about - in my opinion - is the placing of the 'new note', "child note' and up down/ buttons.
These could be but between 'filter' and column in the tree panel.. As the are only relevant in that area. Or at least being possible to 'drag & drop toolbar in that area someday. Love modular panel systems :P
Ivar wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:09 pm Another think is: double clicking on a (selected) note in the title pane should make it possible to RENAME the title.
So double clicking on a empty spot in the titelpane offers a new note, double click on a title note itself renames it.
I would expect 'Select all' on double click in the title bar. Which would overwrite if start typing or pasting or can be used to copy the title. Or did you have something different in mind?