[added] Web Clipper dynamic pages support

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
louisfx

[added] Web Clipper dynamic pages support

Post by louisfx »

I notice the Myinfo web clipper has some important issues.

- It can not clip with webpage with cookies session login, because it does reload the website in Myinfo browser (no more cookies login session). So the workable for this is using Screenshot clipper, Onenote webclipper is using this method.

- It can not clip dynamic web content correctly,because it does reload the website in Myinfo browser, then clipp it. Try to capture this page below, you will see the seconds on the clock is changed in MyInfo notes. https://dayspedia.com/time/online/

- Please study evernote's web clipper functionality, somehow they can make it cache the cookies session directly from the browser and web clipper exactly the contents from the webpage + html/css templates + images attachments.

Solution:

- I thought of a simple solution , It could solve the problem for html layouts and the contents + attachments. So instead of reload the webpage into myinfo browser to do the clipper work. The chrome/firefox browser extension should first do "save page as" html as temp file in local, re-open this local html page in MyInfo browser , then do clipping work after that store into the Mynfo notes database.

hope this works.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

louisfx wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:55 pm - It can not clip dynamic web content correctly,because it does reload the website in Myinfo browser, then clipp it. Try to capture this page below, you will see the seconds on the clock is changed in MyInfo notes. https://dayspedia.com/time/online/
What I observe:

-> Full page editable clipping
No clock at all ...

-> Full page attachment
Can't access the page because of cookies dialog. [Issue I have seen more often, but not sure this something system specific]

-> Copy/paste
Clock number are positioned below each other
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Full dynamic web pages are now properly sent to MyInfo. The web clipper will send the page as it is loaded in your browser starting with MyInfo Web Clipper 1.0.8 and MyInfo 7.2 (build 7117).