picklist in edit panel

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
shalom

picklist in edit panel

Post by shalom »

I really hate to do it, but I am considering switching from AskSam. The man who wrote AskSam was my college professor, so I started with the very first version. It has worked fine on Win10, but I don't know if it will work on Win11, so I'm planning ahead.

There are some things I like about AskSam better, but from what I've seen so far, there are also some things I like better about MyInfo.

I will address a couple issues (ruler, template) in another post. AskSam had the ability to create a picklist so special characters (like ½ instead of 1/2) and strings of characters could be inserted at the cursor location. I assigned it to F11. I use this feature a lot.

I know MyInfo has a picklist ability for attributes, but is there a way of setting one up for the edit panel, so I don't have to copy & paste it from anther location?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This sounds similarly to Ms Word AutoCorrect. Am I right?
shalom

Post by shalom »

Not exactly. It is more like the picklist for the attributes, but it inserts the chosen info in the body of the text instead of an attribute.
Example: the picklist would look something like this:
¼
½
¾
-or-
é
è
ê
ñ

As I type I press f11 to get the list and select the desired item so instead of:
Crepe
I can have:
Crêpe