[fixed] "Abnormal program termination" when pressing 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' on any child note (even blank ones)

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
cadudesun

[fixed] "Abnormal program termination" when pressing 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' on any child note (even blank ones)

Post by cadudesun »

Edited 2022-03-18:
Actually, it seems just pressing 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' on any child note (even blank ones) can cause the "Abnormal program termination"
Please see my second post.
Then the culprit in my first post wouldn't be the bookmarked notes, but the children ones.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hi. Just reporting this issue.

As shown in the screen-recording, when pressing 'ctrl+x' in some bookmarked notes there is an "Abnormal program termination".
It can be reproduced using the following URLs:
https://github.com/marktext/marktext/releases
https://forum.tracker-software.com/sear ... ords=abbyy

If the first time 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' is pressed on a certain note the error doesn't appear, just click on another note and try again. At some point, the error will appear (at least in my system it is consistent).

Also, the note in which 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' causes the error doesn't need to be a bookmarked note itself. If the note has a child which is a bookmark that causes the error, so the issue will appear as well.

Regards,
Carlos

MyInfo_Abnormal.png
MyInfo_Abnormal.png (4.82 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
MyInfo_Abnormal.gif
MyInfo_Abnormal.gif (2.15 MiB) Viewed 1680 times
cadudesun

Post by cadudesun »

Just reporting further the issue.

As shown in the screen-recordings below, it seems just pressing 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' on any child note (even blank ones) can cause the "Abnormal program termination".

In the first screen-recording the "Abnormal program termination" appears soon, since I started pressing 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' directly on children notes.

In the second screen-recording the "Abnormal program termination" appears after a while, since I started pressing 'ctrl+c' or 'ctrl+x' on notes without hierarchy. No issues at all.
But as soon as I set the notes in a hierarchy, the issue appeared.

MyInfo_Abnormal 1.gif
MyInfo_Abnormal 1.gif (283.62 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
MyInfo_Abnormal 2.gif
MyInfo_Abnormal 2.gif (386.04 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I can't reproduce it so far..
cadudesun

Post by cadudesun »

Petko wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:48 pm I can't reproduce it so far..
Hi Petko.

I tested a clean portable installation of MyInfo 7.2 [7182], and couldn't reproduce the issue.
However, in my portable installation, it can be reproduced at any time, always.
Maybe because of settings tweaks and customizations?

I sent you my portable installation through a PM, for your testing.
Just select a child note and press ctrl+c (or ctrl+x) for some time sequentially.
Please, hold "ctrl" and keep pressing just the other key (c or x).
There is no need even to change the child note. Stick with the same note and keystroke on it.
In some tests, the issue appeared after a couple of keystrokes. On other tests, it took up to 10 keystrokes to trigger the issue.

Thank you,
Carlos
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Fixed in MyInfo 7.3.