[solved] Change "My Notebook" Name

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
DIY_Dan

[solved] Change "My Notebook" Name

Post by DIY_Dan »

Can the default "My Notebook" be renamed? If so, how? I tried right-click and Rename..., but got an error when I executed the rename. The notebook in question already has several sections with notes in it.

Thanks in advance for any help or answers.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This is the proper way to delete a notebook that is already open in MyInfo. What was the error message?

Alternatively, you can close the notebook, rename the file via Windows Explorer and open it again.
DIY_Dan

Post by DIY_Dan »

Petko -- Thanks for the reply. I've attached the error message as a JPG file. Renaming the notebook using File Explorer worked fine. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
MyInfo Error Msg.jpg
MyInfo Error Msg.jpg (12.26 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
DIY_Dan

Post by DIY_Dan »

Petko -- I think I may have identified the problem. After reading the error message -- yeah, that was stupid, wasn't it? -- I checked the access permissions for the MyInfo Notebooks folder and discovered that I did NOT have Modify permission. When I renamed the file in Explorer I had to use the Administrator button to execute the change, which was another hint. I've had past trouble with access permissions changing, so this should have been the first thing I checked.

So, thanks for the help and my apologies for taking up your time with something that probably wasn't a MyInfo problem.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks, that explains it properly, I think.